Can you picture it now? Opening the door to your home and carrying in your sweet, long-awaited bundle of joy? Will it be just you and your partner? Will grandparents be there? Aunts and uncles? Pets? There will never be a second chance for this incredible first moment, meaning you should make it exactly what you want. You’ll be introducing your child to the world outside the hospital, and the warmth and comforts of home. The joy simply can’t be understated! We feel it with you!
And while your family will glow with love no matter what, a charming baby coming home outfit makes the special occasion even better. You need an option that will keep your little darling comfortable, warm, and safe. Plus, think about all the photos you will capture and the memories you will be creating!
For over 30 years, the Baby Beau and Belle family has worked hard to handcraft high-quality clothes for the most memorable moments in your new treasure’s life. And it all starts with the coming home outfit! Let’s review the style trends to be aware of, as well as the best quality materials and layers to keep your special delivery comfortable in rain, snow, or shine.
How Should I Dress My Newborn for Bringing Home?
How to dress your newborn for their first homecoming is a personal decision. To start, you need something to protect their delicate skin from the elements, whatever those happen to be in the season of your new arrival. While you could put them in an old t-shirt or something basic, that decision might not reflect how excited you are or the momentousness of the occasion! This special time deserves a special outfit.
We believe the key to a great outfit for bringing your newborn home from the hospital is elegant simplicity. You want an outfit that will be comfortable for your son or daughter, and easy to get them into at the hospital. Remember, this is also one of the first outfits your gumdrop will wear in life! Save the complicated buttons, clasps, pull-overs, and snaps for later!
The ideas on our lists below hit the perfect note, providing just the right accessory to your munchkin’s natural adorableness. Any of these baby coming home outfits will be all sweetness, no stress.
Ideas for Newborn Going Home Outfit for a Girl
- The Evelyn Knot Gown combines our softest cotton with a timeless style. The delicate shade of pink is beautiful on any posh princess, with natural lace along the neck and cuffs. This lace has all of the elegance with none of the itch! The gown knots at the bottom to keep her tiny tootsies warm…until a diaper change. Match this gown with a cap or bonnet to suit your needs, plans, and photos.
- The Lola Lace Bubble Romper is a truly unique, bespoke coming home outfit for your little lady. Intricate floral lace is lined with the softest cotton for comfort and style. A sash at the waist makes the romper fit like it was tailored, while sheer cap sleeves are an adorable accent in even the warmest weather. The only question—will you pair it with the lace bonnet or the velvet headband? (Or both!)
- The Victoria Cotton Gown is a stunning outfit which combines timeless elegance and comfort to set your daughter’s first day at home off with style. Pink champagne silk and Victoria lace define the bodice with sweet detail, while the soft pima cotton skirt keeps her comfy and cozy. Lace at the gathered hem extends the style from head to toe. This is what little girls are made for!
Shop our full collection of coming home outfits for newborn girls.
Ideas for Newborn Going Home Outfit for a Boy
- The Aiden Newborn Layette is a kimono-style coming home outfit for newborn boys. The garment is made of a soft, teal blue Pima cotton, known for its softness and long-lasting comfort. Blue linen details along the neck and cuffs provide that little extra sprinkle of sugar which sets apart an extraordinary heirloom from an ordinary outfit. A knot cap is also included in case of rain or chilly weather!
- The Elijah Newborn Romper is a classic, comfortable, and timeless outfit for a newborn son. Those who don’t know better might think this piece has been handed down for generations! Plush, white quilted cotton is breathable-yet-warm, while the delicate Venetian lace details and linen trim add that touch of ancestral quality. Shop the matching booties and bonnet to complete the little prince’s look!
- The Sand Trim Wrap Top and Pants are a modern, comfortable look that says “ready to snuggle.” Textured French terry cotton is appropriate for any season, and the ivory and sand shades of this outfit actually make it a gender-neutral coming home outfit for any baby. Complete this look with a bonnet or a beanie to give your baby a splash of impish style from their very first photo shoot onward.
Shop our full collection of coming home outfits for newborn boys.
Baby Beau and Belle: High-Quality Clothes for Baby’s Every Milestone
The day you bring your child home is a special occasion and deserves to be celebrated! That’s why we make it our mission to create long-lasting heirlooms that can be reworn, whether by your newest addition or a future family member who is today a mere twinkle in the eye. Future brothers or sisters, cousins, and even grandchildren can also treasure these clothes. Imagine a photo of every family baby in the same outfit on the day they come home! We have keepsake bags, boxes, and even frames to preserve these special garments for years to come. Those are the kinds of special traditions we are honored and humbled to be a part of. We also offer heirloom gifts for those who want a different way to commemorate this life event.
However you choose to dress your newborn when they come home for the first time, we wish you nothing but health, happiness, and joy in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. Congratulations from all of us here at Baby Beau and Belle!